Early Explorers Preschool serves 3, 4, and 5 year olds! Our licensed staff will provide a safe, inclusive, and inspired space for your child to discover more about their world through a variety of activities. We are proud to be the only Parent Aware Four Star rated preschool program in Jordan. Our preschool offers an expanded traditional curriculum in a preK-4 setting. This means learning beyond the traditional preschool room! To prepare for Kindergarten and beyond, your child will have access to the amenities and staff of our elementary school - art, music, gym, media center, outdoor STEAM exploration, and a hot lunch option for all-day preschool.
|2017-2018 Registration NOW OPEN!
All registrations will be taken at the Jordan ELS office (located at the west entrance of the Jordan Elementary School) 8:30am - 3:30pm or by phone at (952)492-3233.
preK OPEN HOUSE
Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 6pm - 7pm at JES
Bring your preschooler to this special night!
• Short presentation
• Q and A from staff
• Fun project!
• School tour and MORE!
OUR DAILY ACTIVITIES
PARENT AWARE FOUR STAR RATING
- Songs, calendar, sharing, and stories
- Small group
- “Specials” - art, music, gym, media center, outdoor STEAM exploration, creative play
- Numbers, sorting and reading readiness
- Free play and games
- Science and STEAM exploration
- Snack (and lunch on full-day option)
We are proud to be the only Parent Aware Four Star rated preschool program in Jordan. Parent Aware Ratings are based on demonstrated use of practices that best prepare children for kindergarten. Programs earning a Four Star shows that it is equipped to offer the very best in quality care, assuring parents that it is doing all it can to prepare their children for school.
SAFETY The safety of our students is most important. Our building is monitored with security cameras and has a locked/secure buzz-in entry for families. We also have access to a licensed school nurse and a full time school resource officer.
ONSITE EXTENDED DAYCARE Located in the same building as Early Explorers Preschool, Early Ed-Ventures Extended Care is a program designed to provide a safe and positive environment when extra care is needed. This is a great option for families that wish to have their child in preschool but may have difficulty with transportation and/or care before or after preschool. Your child must be enrolled in Early Explorers Preschool for this option.
PARENT PARTNERS We have a vibrant and active Early Learning Services PTO. This dedicated group of parents is critical for understanding the needs of our families. They serve on many levels to include organizing the annual Fall Craft and Gift Boutique fundraiser. Follow the ELS PTO Facebook page for current events and information.
Personal & Social Wellness
- All staff trained in the “Pyramid Model” - a positive intervention strategy supporting social-emotional well being of child
- Inclusive Classroom: We recognize the diversity of students, enabling all students to access the curriculum, fully participate in learning activities and demonstrate their knowledge and strengths at assessment.
- Community Outreach
Curriculum and Assessment
Arts & Creativity
- Meeting Minnesota Early Childhood Indicators of Progress
- Literacy-based curriculum
- “Handwriting Without Tears”
- Mathematical Thinking & Problem Solving
Physical & Motor Development
- Individual creativity and expression
- Outdoor performing stage
- Access to a full art program at JES
- Access to a full music program at JES
- Outside playtime (playground, bikes, etc)
- Access to a phy. ed. large spaces at JES
- In room exercises and breathing
Environmental Learning & Science
- SMART TV activities
- iPad small group time
- Outdoor exploration and the "STEAM Shed" (PTO Donation - thanks!)
- NEW Bussing option > Learn More!
- Located at Jordan Elementary School which allows for access to many academic learning opportunities (music, gym space, art, media) and familiarity with spaces and school staff as preschoolers ready for kindergarten.
- Hot lunch option for all day preK